- Upcoming Events
- Surgical Options
- Hospitals & Centers
- CONTACT US
What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words “you have cancer”?
This year, you can fight back against cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society’s new research study called the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
Saint Clare’s Cancer Prevention and Early Detection Fair - February 11th 10am - 2:30pm
- Presentations and Resources on current cancer prevention strategies.
- Hear up-to-date info on cancer screening.
Join your Community
Saint Clare’s Health System, The American Cancer Society and The Morris County Cancer Coalition on February 11th to help fight cancer.
Who can join the study?
The study is open to anyone who:
- Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home
- Is between 30 and 65 years old
- Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
- No cost to participate/no medication or invasive procedure other than blood draw involved. All information is strictly confidential.
How can you participate?
Enrollment will take place at Saint Clare’s Hospital/Denville in the Urban Auditorium on Saturday, February 11, 2012 from 10 a.m. - 2:30.pm.
To schedule your appointment, go to: www.seeuthere.com/cps3enroll/schs. Soon after scheduling your enrollment appointment, you will be asked to go online and complete your first, most comprehensive survey. This survey must be completed prior to your appointment and will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
At your appointment, you will be asked to:
- sign an informed consent form complete a brief survey
- provide a waist circumference measurement
- give a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit). The blood sample will be taken by a certified, trained phlebotomist.
- Your appointment should last approximately 20 - 30 minutes.
Upon completion of these two steps, we will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.
Join us anytime between 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
More information on the event at www.saintclares.org/events-and-classes
Recent blog posts
- Dr. Oz encourages you to fight obesity with surgery!!!!
- What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words “you have cancer”?
- Rockland and Bergen Wellness Night!
- Top Food News of 2011
- Handling Holiday Head Hunger
- Support Groups in New Jersey
- Poll Says Overweight Workers Miss Millions More Days of Work
- Support Shrinking Stella in her effort to raise money for Breast Cancer
- Insurance companies' attitude toward weight-loss surgery isn't sensible
- Educational Nutrition Seminar for Pre / Post Surgery in Montvale